The holidays are here! It is a wonderful and magical time of the year, filled with cheer and of course, gift giving. If you own a business, you are probably always on the lookout for the next product to display to boost your holiday sales. This year, it should definitely be gourmet popcorn. Gourmet popcorn can boost your business sales at the holidays and here’s why.
When it comes to gift giving, more than half of all adults purchase a food item as a gift. Additionally, 29% of adults purchase an edible gift for themselves. It only makes sense that you should have a food item on hand to sell during the holidays.
Why should I choose gourmet popcorn?
Popcorn is an undeniably delicious snack. I mean, can you really go to the movies without grabbing a bag? And can you pass up a handful when a store has samples? Probably not.
There are some other huge points to consider when choosing gourmet popcorn for your store.
- Popcorn is naturally gluten free. This makes it a great gift for people with dietary restrictions.
- Gourmet popcorn comes in a huge variety of flavors. You can change out the flavors each season.
- People are not going to return popcorn. It will be gobbled up before anyone can even blink.
- Gourmet popcorn can boost your business sales at the holidays or any time of year.
What stores profit from selling gourmet popcorn?
Literally any store could display gourmet popcorn and turn a profit. We find that gourmet popcorn goes extra well in places such as:
- Ice Cream Shops: popcorn is going to pair well where there’s ice cream. It can be a great topping or side dish if someone cannot have the dairy.
- Candy Stores: Where there is sugar, popcorn can thrive. It is a snack that can be a little more healthy than the other treats.
- Bars and/or Wineries: Popcorn goes great with beer and wine. There are a lot of different pairings that make this the perfect couple.
How Should I Display Gourmet Popcorn?
Once you make the decision to sell gourmet popcorn in your store, you just need to make an amazing display. You will first need to choose what you will offer your customers. Will you choose single serving packages, gift boxes, tins, etc?
Once you have your inventory, your display needs to shine. It should be a full sensory experience. You need to make sure your customers see the color, size and the flavors. Your display should be in line with the holiday and let it be known that these gourmet flavors will be perfect for the season.
As mentioned earlier, people have a hard time passing up a sample. Make sure you have samples that will seal the deal for your sales. The sight, feel, smell and flavor of the sample will be hard to resist. Then, be sure that the inventory is easily accessible (like near the cash registers). When your display is set up and in full swing, you will have a killer sales machine.
When choosing a new product for your store, you just can’t go wrong with food, especially if you choose gourmet popcorn. You can make a huge profit in each season. The flavors can really set the mood for the holiday and your customers will be happy to snag a bag before they leave.