Oue Popcorn Granola Bars recipe is an easy to make and healthy snack! At My Popcorn Kitchen, we’re always thinking about ways to make delicious foods using popcorn in the recipes. This is because we know how healthy this popular snack is. Here is a yummy twist on the popular snack bars we all love. We incorporate our healthy non-GMO popcorn with good-for-you fiber and antioxidants in to this easy to make popcorn treat.
Popcorn Granola Bars time commitment:
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Chill/set up time: 30 minutes
Yield: approximately 24 bars
Popcorn Granola Bars Ingredients:
1/2 C. unsweetened shredded coconut (if desired)
3/4 C. almonds or cashews or pecans, chopped
7 C. (Junior Bag) My Popcorn Kitchen Low Salt popcorn*
2 C. rolled oats (Old Fashioned, not instant)
1/2 C. raisins or cranberries (or a mix)
1/2 C. chopped dried apricots
3/4 C. honey
3/4 C. packed light brown sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1._In a medium size dry sauté pan (non-stick is ideal) on medium heat, add almonds and stir constantly until golden brown and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a small mixing bowl.
2. Add shredded coconut (if desired) to dry sauté pan and toast, stirring constantly until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to the bowl with nuts to cool.
You may also toast coconut and nuts in the oven. To do this, preheat oven to 350º F. Spread almonds on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until golden brown and fragrant, 5 to 7 minutes, stirring once or twice. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
3. Wipe off baking sheet and spread shredded coconut on it. Bake until lightly toasted, stirring once or twice, about 5 minutes.Transfer to bowl with nuts to cool.
4. Mist a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
5. In a large mixing bowl, combine popcorn, oats, coconut, almonds, raisins and apricots; stir well.
6. In a small saucepan over low heat, combine honey, brown sugar and salt. Cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes.
7. Pour honey mixture over popcorn mixture; stir until all ingredients are well-coated and there are no dry spots. Transfer mixture to baking dish.
8. Using the back of a large serving spoon or spatula, firmly press mixture into baking dish. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before cutting into bars. Consume within 2-3 days or freeze.
We want your feedback and additional tips and tricks from fellow foodies! If you try this recipe, leave us a comment. Bon appetit!