Versatile Popcorn Marshmallow Creme Bars
This popcorn dessert recipe is perfect for pot lucks and picnics. It’s also a great recipe to make with the kids or grandkids! The trick to making our delicious crunchy creamy treat is using our caramel popcorn or fruit popcorn. The caramel and candy coating on our popcorn keeps the popcorn crunchy.
How long will it take to make the Popcorn Marshmallow Creme Bars?
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 12 2” x 2” square bars
3 tablespoons butter
(1) jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème
(1) Junior Bag (7 cups) Cinnamon popcorn OR Sea Salt Caramel popcorn (or any of our caramel or fruit flavors). Fruit would be a great pick for summertime.
Stove Top Directions:
- In large saucepan (or double boiler) melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallow crème and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add popcorn. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
- In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallow creme on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes.
- Stir until smooth.
- Then follow steps 2 and 3 above.
- Microwave cooking times may vary so it’s a good idea to check after about 1-1/2 minutes.
– Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended
– Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container
– To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. – Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving
Final Thoughts – There are so many ways to incorporate popcorn into recipes.
Our Popcorn Marshmallow Creme Bars made with our amazing popcorn is but one way to create a unique twist on a classic sweet treat. Ready to make this dessert? Shop Caramel or Fruit flavors now. Then, write us a comment below and let us know how it turned out (and which popcorn flavor you used).