Popcorn Salad? Two foods that you would think would never go together. It sounds incredible but we found an amazing recipe on the show Girl Meets Farm that is actually fun, easy, and tasty! And with our wide variety of cheese popcorn flavors, this recipe becomes even tastier! Plus, as we’ve stated many times, popcorn is healthy – full of fiber and antioxidants. So dig into this crunchy popcorn salad and amaze your family and friends.
How Long Will it Take to Make Popcorn Salad
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Equipment Needed to Make Popcorn Salad
- Large salad bowl
- Measuring Cup
- Cutting board
Ingredients for this Salad Recipe
- 10 cups popped popcorn (our Small size bag)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, strings removed, cut crosswise into thirds
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup chopped celery plus 1/2 cup tender inner celery leaves
- 1 bunch watercress, trimmed and torn into bite-size pieces
Simple Directions for Making Popcorn Salad
Whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, cider vinegar, sugar, and Dijon together in a large serving bowl. Stir in the shallot. Don’t forget to season with salt and pepper (remembering that the popcorn will also be salty).
Add the snap peas, carrot, and chopped celery and toss to coat. Add one Small size bag of My Popcorn Kitchen White Cheddar popcorn and toss to coat the kernels in the dressing. Add the watercress and celery leaves as a garnish on top. Serve immediately.
Shortcuts, Tips and Other Options to make a Unique Salad
- Select from among our many cheese flavors. Bacon Cheddar, Vermont White Cheddar, Garlic Parmesan, just to name a few
- Use a bottled salad dressing of your choice
- Select other greens such as cooked green beans, cucumbers, bell peppers, microgreens, etc. Try to keep the ingredients on the crunchy side
Popcorn Salad is a great twist on a summer classic dish. Crunchy, delicious cheese popcorn with nice fresh veggies and a creamy salad dressing is just the thing to mix things up at mealtime. Shop our Savory Cheeses popcorn flavors now!