The Secret Sauce: where to buy spicy popcorn. Wondering where to buy spicy popcorn you love with some heat and some kick? We thought so! In this post, we’ll tell you a bit about what makes peppers hot, why some people like hot foods and some don’t, all the spicy (and not so spicy) popcorn flavors we offer, and how easy it is to shop and order!
Why we love popcorn with a kick
There is something about hot and spicy food that really gets our attention. Why do people like spicy food and others don’t? Scientists have certainly put a lot of time and attention into researching it. From measuring the heat factor of peppers in Scoville units to measuring the brain neurotransmitter called Substance P which transmits pain signals to the brain, we’ve got quite a fascination with those hot peppers and other hot spices that can make us fan our mouths and go chasing down a glass of water. And while we’re on the subject, don’t go for the water, go for a fat such as milk or ice cream since capsaicin is a fat-soluble molecule.
The science behind liking spicy popcorn and other hot foods
Some scientists think it’s all in your head or that it’s an acquired taste and the earlier you’re exposed to hot peppers, the more used to them you’ll get and the more you’ll like them. Or if you’re a roller-coaster type of thrill seeker, the more likely you are to like spicy foods.
The idea to create spicy popcorn flavors
As for us, we just love spicy hot. So, what better way to eat a spicy hot snack than creating spicy popcorn! We grabbed a bunch of different spices and tinkered in the kitchen to create some amazing spicy popcorn flavors that are sure to tempt your taste buds.
The Secret Sauce: Spices used to make our popcorn hot and spicy
The extensive list of spices includes spices you have in your own kitchen at home such as jalapeno spice, buffalo wing rub, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, cilantro, tomato powder, habanero powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper, to name a few. We combine in just the right amounts with our premium white and yellow cheeses and coat over our premium, non-GMO popcorn. The outcome is a bunch of spicy popcorn flavors that we and our customers love.
Spicy popcorn mixed with sweet popcorn
Like a bit of sweet with your heat?
- Sonoran Blend popcorn – the trifecta of taste! Our Kettle corn, White Cheddar and Southwest Jalapeno popcorn all mixed together
- Sedona Blend popcorn – reminiscent of the red rocks of Sedona, our Jalapeno Cheddar mixed with our made from scratch caramel popcorn
- Honey Hot Cheddar popcorn (offered on a limited time basis) – a special spice blend creates this amazing flavor with sweet and heat
Popcorn that’s not so hot
Like less heat?
- Not So Spicy Buffalo Wing popcorn – with the spice removed that creates the serious heat of our Spicy Buffalo Wing flavor
- Sriracha Cheddar popcorn (offered on a limited time basis) – made with our orange Cheddar and inspired by the namesake hot sauce but without the heat
- Cracked Pepper popcorn – spicy but not hot
- Cinnamon popcorn – with the flavor of Red Hots, this is a delicious candy-coated popcorn flavor
The Secret Sauce: Where to Buy Spicy Popcorn is definitely from My Popcorn Kitchen. With a wide variety of popcorn flavors. Some hot and some on the milder side. There is a flavor everyone will enjoy. Shop our delicious spicy popcorn and discover why our gourmet, made-from-scratch popcorn doesn’t raise the bar, it is the bar for gourmet popcorn.