Fireworks Harvest Blend Popcorn Seeds. This popcorn can be air-popped as well as popped traditionally on the stovetop.
At My Popcorn Kitchen, we offer premium popcorn seeds and seasonings for sale in-store and online. This is in addition to our own freshly made gourmet popcorn. Because we know there are popcorn enthusiasts who like to make their own popcorn!
Traditional Popped Popcorn Recipe
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Yield: Makes 3 quarts
- 3 TBSP coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Fireworks Harvest Blend Popcorn Seeds
- 3-4 TBSP melted butter (optional)
- Popcorn salt (optional)
- Put the oil in a 4-quart heavy pot and let it heat over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the kernels, turning with a spoon so that they are evenly covered with oil, then spread them in one layer on the bottom of the pot. (shake them around a bit).
- Cover the pot, leaving a small space at the edge for escaping steam. As soon as the first kernel pops, move the pot gently and continuously back and forth over medium-high heat until the popping slows to just a few kernels popping at a time. If you leave the popcorn on the stove too long, it will burn.
- Turn into a serving bowl. Toss with melted butter, if desired, and salt to taste.