Fireworks High Mountain Midnight Popcorn Seeds. This popcorn can be air-popped as well as popped traditionally on the stovetop.
Traditional Popped Popcorn recipe
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Yield: Makes 3 quarts
- 3 TBSP coconut oil (check out our selection of Coconut Oil on this site!)
- 1/2 cup popcorn seed
- 3-4 TBSP melted butter (optional)
- Popcorn salt (optional)
- Put the oil in a 4 quart heavy pot and let it heat over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the kernels, turning with a spoon so that they are evenly covered with oil, then spread them in one layer on the bottom of the pot. (shake them around a bit).
- Cover the pot, leaving a small space at the edge for escaping steam. As soon as the first kernel pops, move the pot gently and continuously back and forth over medium-high heat until the popping slows to just a few kernels popping at at a time. If you leave the popcorn on the stove too long, it will burn.
- Turn into a serving bowl. Toss with melted butter, if desired, and salt to taste.