Fireworks White Cheddar Seasoning. A delicious creamy white cheddar topping which makes a great addition to freshly popped popcorn. Also wonderful over fresh steamed veggies and baked potatoes.
At My Popcorn Kitchen, we offer premium popcorn seeds, seasonings, and oil for sale in-store and online. This is in addition to our own freshly made gourmet popcorn. Because we know there are popcorn enthusiasts who like to make their own popcorn!
Traditional Popped Popcorn Recipe
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Yield: Makes 3 quarts
- 3 TBSP coconut oil (check out our selection of Coconut Oils on this site!)
- 1/2 cup popcorn seed
- 3-4 TBSP melted butter (optional)
- Fireworks White Cheddar Seasoning (optional)
- Put the oil in a 4-quart heavy pot and let it heat over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the kernels, turning with a spoon so that they are evenly covered with oil, then spread them in one layer on the bottom of the pot. (shake them around a bit).
- Cover the pot, leaving a small space at the edge for escaping steam. As soon as the first kernel pops, move the pot gently and continuously back and forth over medium-high heat until the popping slows to just a few kernels popping at a time. If you leave the popcorn on the stove too long, it will burn.
- Turn into a serving bowl. Toss with melted butter, if desired, and salt to taste.