Snappy White Coconut Oil. Popcorn tastes best when popped with coconut oil. Can also be used for other cooking purposes. Also great as an all-purpose cooking oil. Clear when a liquid, white when solid.
Coconut oil is one of the few foods that can be classified as a “superfood.” Its unique combination of fatty acids can have positive effects on your health. This includes fat loss, better brain function, and various other impressive benefits. Check out our blog post on the health benefits of coconut oil here.
Traditional Popped Popcorn recipe
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Yield: Makes 3 quarts
- 3 TBSP coconut oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn seed
- 3-4 TBSP melted butter (optional)
- Popcorn salt (optional)
- Put the oil in a 4-quart heavy pot and let it heat over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the kernels, turning with a spoon so that they are evenly covered with oil, then spread them in one layer on the bottom of the pot. (shake them around a bit).
- Cover the pot, leaving a small space at the edge for escaping steam. As soon as the first kernel pops, move the pot gently and continuously back and forth over medium-high heat until the popping slows to just a few kernels popping at a time. If you leave the popcorn on the stove too long, it will burn.
- Turn into a serving bowl. Toss with melted butter, if desired, and salt to taste.
The same oil we use in our kitchen to pop. Made fresh in small batches in our kitchen. Coconut oil is healthy and due to its high flash point, is a great oil for high temp cooking like popping popcorn. You can feel good about serving our popcorn to your family or giving it as a gift because we make our popcorn with our own family and friends in mind.
Order on our website or shop locally in our Scottsdale, AZ store, where you can experience over sixty flavors of popcorn, the aromas of popcorn popping, and the excitement of one of Arizona’s most popular local destinations! We’re chef-driven foodies with a passion for creating amazing flavors of popcorn. We won’t skimp on ingredients, quality or freshness.
Customize our Snappy White Coconut Oil now!