An old fashioned popcorn lover’s popcorn. The small kernel when popped creates a light and tender puff with less hulls for easier eating. Naturally gluten-free and non-GMO. 2 lb. bag
- Traditional Popped Popcorn
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Yield: Makes 2 quarts, a nice amount for two people or for one hungry one.
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup popcorn seeds
- 1 3-quart covered saucepan
- 1 Tbsp or more (to taste) of butter (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 1) Heat the oil in a 3-quart saucepan on medium high heat. Ensure all of the solid oil is liquified.
- 2) Add 1/3 cup of popcorn kernels in an even layer and cover with the lid.
- 3) The popcorn should begin popping soon and increase in intensity. Once this happens, gently shake the pan by moving it back and forth over the burner.
- Once the popping slows to several seconds between pops, remove the pan from the heat, remove the lid and dump the popcorn immediately into a large diameter 2 qt. serving bowl.
- If adding butter, return the pan to the heat, add butter and allow to melt, then pour over the popcorn.
- Shake with salt if desired.